Conduct behavioral and population ecology project using acoustic telemetry exploring source-sink dynamics among 2 populations in St. Clair and Detroit rivers, connecting channels between Lakes Huron and Erie. Collaboration required with universities and management agencies. Must publish in scientific journals. 1-year position, renewable 2+ years. Project extends to 2022.
Desired skills and experience
- Ph.D. in ecology, behavioral science, fisheries, or related discipline.
- Must have a publication record and be able to analyze data using command.
- line scripting language (R, python).
- Statistical background essential.
- Field experience with boats and SCUBA preferred.